Sleep problems

When I was sleeping next to my boyfriend last night something strange happened in my sleep. As strange as it sounds in my sleep I began poking him in the eye over and over again. He woke me up in my sleep while I was still poking him in the eye. I soon realized what I was doing and apoligized but told him I was doing it in my sleep. Can anyone tell why and how i could be doing this?
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
Well, if stuff like this happens to you ever: examples are acting out in your sleep, sleepwalking, night terrors, movements while asleep, periodic leg movements, screaming, talking crying...and if it is persistent you should have a sleep study done in my opinion. Do a search on parasomnias and sleep disorders. I have been known to wake up talking or yelling. I have even woke up with bruises on my hands. I have sleep apnea and PLMs and Restless legs. So, a neurologist or sleep specialist could run the tests needed if this becomes an issue. Don't feel bad, it isn't your fault. HUGS