Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Sore Breast (Sternum) bone

I noticed a pain in my brast bone maybe about a month ago. It only hurts me if i twist my body or stretch when i wake up. I noticed maybe a week ago it got a little worse but maybe because i keep twisting and stretching. It does not bother me just sitting here, only durring movement. I was involved i a car accident 5 months ago, no noticable pain from that at the time. I tend to lift heavy objects but nothing outragous. I have horrible posture. I cant figure out what it is? I have been all over the internet and it sounds like it may be Costochondritis?? However like i said it doesnt hurt just sitting here only durring movement. Any ideas what it may be?
No ideas what it could be, I'm sorry. You should see your doctor about this. You could have strained something or you could still be hurting inwardly from your car accident. The best thing to do is not assume and get an appointment so that way you have covered all your bases.

Best of luck.

It could be a condition called costochondritis and you can try any NSAID.. and see if you feel better in a week. If it persist after that do see a doc.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Chest pain aggravated by laughing yawning, moving in certain directions, stretching and deep breathing goes more in favor of costochondritis, which causes pain and tenderness at points where your ribs attach to your breastbone.  The inflammation around the joint area gives sharp pain on taking a breath. This can also cause tenderness on pressing the area which pains. An orthopedic doctor can diagnose this for you. Generally there is no cause. However it can be due to infection, blow, injury, or fibromyalgia. It usually goes away on its own. Otherwise it can be treated with muscle relaxants, and non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs. It can also be muscle pull. Shingles can also start this way. Take care!