Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25k Members

Sore movable lump on neck area

A few days ago I noticed the right side of my neck was sore. I figured maybe I slept on it wrong or pulled a muscle or something, until I touched it and felt a round mass about the size of a grape. It is located on the right side maybe 1/2 an inch or more above my collarbone - kind of where the neck meets the shoulder area. The lump is movable as I'm able to move it around and it feels kinda soft. Like not totally hard but not super squishy/soft either. You can't really see it when looking unless lean my head to the left and it very slightly pokes out. I've tried ibuprofen and a heating pad but nothing is helping. It's not super painful but it's sore wen I touch it as well when I shrug my shoulder. I have NO idea what this might be. I do t have health insurance to see a doctor nor can I afford to see one out of pocket. If anyone here has experienced the same thing or even something similar is there anything I can do to treat it at home? Any idea what it might be? I noticed it about 4 days ago and it's kinda freaking me out.
Hi there.
It could be a lymph node. Sometimes they will be somewhat enlarged and noticeable when our body is doing its part in fighting off illness, germs, etc. Sorry, I'm just a lay person, and don't know all the terminology but this would be my guess.

If it's not painful, try not to mess with it or move it around because that irritates it, if this is what it is. We have lymph nodes all over but more up near our neck, chest, underarm, groin and inner thigh areas. They help our body take care of itself. Maybe help it out with an extra glass or two of water??

Hope this helps and you feel better soon.