Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Sore throat help

On Sunday evening February 21st 2010, I came down with a slight fever of 100.7. By monday evening I had congestion and a cough with a sore throat. By Wednesday morning my sore throat had become so bad that  couldn't sleep Tuesday  night and decided to go to the doctor. At the doctor I mentioned my ear was hurting as well and associated it to the sore throat. She looked into my ears and told me she say red and bulging. Also she did a strep culture and sent to the lab. She treated me with a 10 day x2 a day 875mg dosage of Amoxicillin for an ear infection and strep. While on the antibiotics I started losing my voice. I took the full course of meds and during which my sore throat and ear ache went away and my voice returned. The day I stopped taking the medication I noticed my throat was starting to hurt again. Now here I am sitting March 9th 2010 and my sore throat is terrible. I have no fever, no appitite and no congestion. Though I am starting to feel my voice goin again. I had my tonsils and adnoids removed about 2 years ago so I am pretty sure it isn't tonsilitis. I changed my tooth brush, I gargle with warm salt water, I have been drinking Traditional Medicinals "Throat Coat" Tea and trying not to talk much but the pain is not going away. I don't have medical insurance and the last visit in february cost me 400 dollars. If you have any idea's as to what may be causing my sore throat or any other remedies I can try I would appreciate it more then you know. I am kind of scared. Thanks
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Loss of voice along with sore throat can be due to laryngitis (inflammation of the voice box), acidity with GERD causing inflammation of the voice box, viral infection or bacterial one. Hence it is important to find the cause. Consult an ENT. Meanwhile do warm saline gargles, drink warm lemonade, herbal tea and clear soups. See if this helps.
Hope this helps. Do let me know if there is any thing else and keep me posted. Take care!