Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25k Members

Spot on lip that tingles and is pink

When I get out of the shower or overheated, I have a pink spot on the skin just above my upper lip, touching the lip line. It's approx. 2 cm long by 1/4th cm high.  There's also a tingling sensation at times.

The skin there looks slightly different but I'm 62 and have had age spots burned off in my hairline, etc.  I am female, never smoked, don't drink and have never had a cold sore or tested positive for HPV.  I do not sunbathe but grew up in the south.  

There is no lump, bump, oozing, crusting, etc. but it does look 'dry' or maybe rough. The pores look larger, too.  I do use Metrogel for Roseacea and when out of town for a wedding and had to share a bathroom with 9 people, rushed and forgot and put Metrogel on the area under my nose (never done that before) and might have gotten some on my lip in that area. That's been 2 weeks, tho.  I was in the sun 3 of those days .....

I tried a search and came up with basal cell carcinoma and saw several places that said the lip is a VERY DANGEROUS spot to have BCC.  That terrified me.  

Never mind........   Saw my dermatopathologist and he was able to see the pink, dry and burning spot but it did not look like anything.  He froze it off for me since I've had a number of AK's already.  
Good news
Cooled sore,ask doc for med.