Aa
A
A
A
Close
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25k Members

Stomach pain

I have been having upper middle stomach pain right below breast and top of rib cage. The pain is like a dull burning sensation that comes and goes. May last 15 minutes to an hour.  My mid back also has a dull ache at the same time. Usually laying flat on my stomach tends to relieve the pain some.  It does occur after eating sometime but not with any particular food.  It could be cereal or steak it does not seem to matter.  I do not have any nausea or fever.
5 Responses
Try pushing on the top of your stomach, is one side more tender than the other side? I think works better if you lay down and let someone else carefully do it.
701334 tn?1262857103
I GET SAME BASIC THING,WITH PAIN INTO MY BACK,NEVER COULD FIND OUT WHAT IT IS,,IF YOU FIND OUT REMEMBER MY NAME,,ID LIKE TO KNOW!
351246 tn?1379685732
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hi
Thanks for writing to the forum!
Pain and discomfort in your chest could be acidity or heart burn. The other reason could be due to esophageal reflux (GERD), where the food in your stomach is thrown up into your food pipe or esophagus. This also causes burning sensation or discomfort in the chest area. Another possibility is hiatal hernia, where a portion of stomach herniates into the chest cavity through the diaphragm. Cough or heart problems too cause discomfort in chest area. Another possibility is pancreatitis. Over the counter antacids and omeprazole may give relief. I would strongly recommend you see a physician about this and get yourself investigated accordingly.
Excessive drinking, smoking, caffeine, fried food should be avoided.

Hope this helps. It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage without examining. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!

701334 tn?1262857103
would anything other then pancreatitis cause epigastric pain that radiates to the back?,,,that comes and goes.
i get it,but i dont get the throwing up,or the hospital visits i hear about from pancreatitis.
i have not lost weight,dont throw up,the pain feels like a cramp in my diahpram,goes into back,,ive had amalyes/lipase checked,2 ct scans with barrium and iodine contrast,and they dont see anything,,,no stones,enlargments,hernia,nothingwhat elce could this be?
would spyincter of oddi do this?
what do you think....gerd would not cause the added back pain would it?
701334 tn?1262857103
would anything other then pancreatitis cause epigastric pain that radiates to the back?,,,that comes and goes.
i get it,but i dont get the throwing up,or the hospital visits i hear about from pancreatitis.
i have not lost weight,dont throw up,the pain feels like a cramp in my diahpram,goes into back,,ive had amalyes/lipase checked,2 ct scans with barrium and iodine contrast,and they dont see anything,,,no stones,enlargments,hernia,nothingwhat elce could this be?
would spyincter of oddi do this?
what do you think....gerd would not cause the added back pain would it?
Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1518219421
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547098925
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482853437
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.