Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25k Members

Stomach pain

I have been having upper middle stomach pain right below breast and top of rib cage. The pain is like a dull burning sensation that comes and goes. May last 15 minutes to an hour.  My mid back also has a dull ache at the same time. Usually laying flat on my stomach tends to relieve the pain some.  It does occur after eating sometime but not with any particular food.  It could be cereal or steak it does not seem to matter.  I do not have any nausea or fever.
Try pushing on the top of your stomach, is one side more tender than the other side? I think works better if you lay down and let someone else carefully do it.
I GET SAME BASIC THING,WITH PAIN INTO MY BACK,NEVER COULD FIND OUT WHAT IT IS,,IF YOU FIND OUT REMEMBER MY NAME,,ID LIKE TO KNOW!
Thanks for writing to the forum!
Pain and discomfort in your chest could be acidity or heart burn. The other reason could be due to esophageal reflux (GERD), where the food in your stomach is thrown up into your food pipe or esophagus. This also causes burning sensation or discomfort in the chest area. Another possibility is hiatal hernia, where a portion of stomach herniates into the chest cavity through the diaphragm. Cough or heart problems too cause discomfort in chest area. Another possibility is pancreatitis. Over the counter antacids and omeprazole may give relief. I would strongly recommend you see a physician about this and get yourself investigated accordingly.
Excessive drinking, smoking, caffeine, fried food should be avoided.

Hope this helps. It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage without examining. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!

would anything other then pancreatitis cause epigastric pain that radiates to the back?,,,that comes and goes.
i get it,but i dont get the throwing up,or the hospital visits i hear about from pancreatitis.
i have not lost weight,dont throw up,the pain feels like a cramp in my diahpram,goes into back,,ive had amalyes/lipase checked,2 ct scans with barrium and iodine contrast,and they dont see anything,,,no stones,enlargments,hernia,nothingwhat elce could this be?
would spyincter of oddi do this?
what do you think....gerd would not cause the added back pain would it?
would spyincter of oddi do this?