Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25k Members

Strange pain on outside of knee...

Hello.. I have ocd and I am starting to worry about pain I ahve had in my knee fro about 4 years.. it seems to have gotten worse but was better for a little while... It is on the outside of my left knee... It hurts mainly at night when my knees rub together or when I get up from sitting/lying down for an hour or more.. Once I get up and start moving around it feels 100% fine??? I don't get it.. I even run 2 miles 3 days a week and after running it feels 100 % better.. I am worried maybe it is bone cancer.. But I have a thought that maybe it is from driving a manual transmission for the last 12 years.. I do at least 15,000 miles a year so I drive a good bit.. and It does tne to hurt after long drives.. Hoe worried should I be do you have any advice..?? I can deal with the pain now I just don't want to ignore it if ti could be cancer.. BTW I am 34 and have read that bone cancer usually starts with younger people? any help? Please respond if you can.. Thankyou so much...
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
A pain in joint that improves with movement is usually due to osteoarthritis. Pain on either sides of the knee is usually related to meniscal tears, injuries to the collateral ligaments, and even to arthritis. Hence, please consult an orthopedic specialist for a confirmed diagnosis. Apart from X-rays, you may need to undergo a MRI of the knee.
Take care!