Sudden Thinning of Facial Skin Why?

I understand that thinning skin is part of the aging process, but I suddenly noticed that the skin on my face has thinned dramatically and I'm shocked.  I'm 35 and my mother who is 60 has firmer cheeks now than me.  I have always had a firm face and I'm shocked to feel how it's suddenly softened (probably just in the last 6 months).
Does anybody know what would cause this?  I also have been experiencing temperature changes when I'm on my period.  I just feel like something is not quite right and that for some reason the aging process has suddenly sped up in me.  I've been under a lot of stress for a few years now too.  Any insight would be appreciated.  Especially on how to reverse this.  Thanks.
This sounds very much like a thyroid problem. I suggest you just go to your Dr. and ask for the blood test. It's very simple, and treatable if this is the problem.
thank you for the quick response! okay, I will ask my doctor to check for thyroid issues.
I'm in my early 30's and I also experiencing something like this. Lots of stress and anxiety over the last few years. Though I am seeing facial changes, the thinning is much more apparent in my body skin, especially my hands and even my feet/toes are wrinkled. I had my thyroid checked thoroughly and it's perfect. I suspect adrenal fatigue but even though I'm making some progress in the way I handle stress, things are worsening. Come back and let us know your progress. I would also like to think that skin can return to its previous state after proper treatment.
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.