Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25k Members

Sudden loss of memory

Hi!  I am a 46 yr old Asian man, who has a history of High Blood Pressure, abnormal EKG w/Left Ventricular Atrophy, Diabetes which has since been treated with weight loss, so no insulin and no pills, a thyroid condition, and depression/bi-polar disorder.  A few years ago, I was working driving a bus and suddenly I could not remember a thing.  I had no idea where I was or who I was, why I was driving a bus or where I was going and why.  This last for about 10 seconds and then gradually I seemed to regain my senses and the panic subsided and I just as suddenly it seems I remembered everything.  This has only happened once, but it has troubled me ever since.  Can someone tell me if perhaps I had a stroke or mini or silent heart attack?  If I did, since this happened about 2 1/2 years ago, is there any point in getting tested for this? Is there even a way to tell if I ever had a stroke?  Any advice would be helpful.  
I have no idea about if they can tell now or not, but you could see a cardiovascular specialist, an internist, family doctor, etc. and they should be able to run some basic tests and put your mind at ease. Since this happened a few years ago, I am not sure if you are experiencing things now that cause you to worry about it again. If so, please seek out medical help. Sometimes even old damage can be detected via medical testing from what I understand. Peace and get better. Sorry I cannot be of more help