Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Suddenly nauseaus & dizzy 24-48 hours after donating platelets

I’ve been donating blood on a semi-regular basis for at least a decade, and recently switched to donating platelets. I have made 5 platelet donations, and twice have suddenly gotten crazy dizzy and throwing up, one to two days AFTER my donation. Is this simply coincidence or are they related?? (I don’t normally get sick like this, so this is new for me.)
COMMUNITY LEADER
Are you rehydrating and eating, and reducing strenuous activity after donating? It is extremely important that you rehydrate, eat properly, and regularly to build back the volume loss after donating.
YSI
Is this that new thing where they remove your blood, extract what they want, and then put your blood back into you? I gotta say instinctively to me that sounds like a bad bad idea.