Swollen Carotid?

I have small lump on my upper right neck ( 1 inch below my jaw), oval shape  0.25 x 0.7 inch , it's not noticeable visually. but if I put my hands on it I can feel the lump. It doesn't bother me at all. I have been having this, I think, for 7-8 months (maybe more). I don't feel anything different.  I thought this was a  swollen glands.  I have a slight hypertension, otherwise I consider myself healthy. During my yearly checkup 6 months ago I mentioned this to my doctor and he said it's not swollen glands, instead he said it's carotid artery. he didn't seem too worry. I met him again a month ago I was there to discuss my hypertension . I switched to lower dose pills. I mentioned to him again the swelling. again he said it's not swollen gland but carotid artery and he didn't say anything.he didn't seem worry about it.  Is it normal to have right carotid  bigger than the left? it it normal to have swollen carotid artery? is it carotid artery swollen or something else? what should I do?
anybody?
small lump which does not pain is nothing...you dont need to feel afraid about it.
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.