20853006 tn?1547666489

Systemic Candidiasis Test

What test is done to check for systemic candidiasis? Would a person get a blood test to check for systemic candidiasis? Would yeast show up in urine if you had systemic candidiasis? I am just asking a few simple questions, so please do not attack me.
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Avatar universal
I'm only answering here because of your post on the depression forum.  A doctor can check for this, but it's not so easy to find systemic candida -- I assume you mean an infection that has gotten into your organs.  A doc will look at your symptoms, do a blood test, and if really thorough do a urine test and stool test as well.  If you Google this you will get more authoritative sites staffed by professionals, which this is not.  It's not that common to get this, though it is obviously very common to get repeated yeast infections that are not systemic, but it does happen.  Two ways that some think promote systemic infections are letting infections go untreated for long periods  of time and repeated courses of antifungal medications, which also can kill off the beneficial organisms that protect you from getting this type of infection.  If you are getting repeat infections, lifestyle changes are a good idea.  You won't find this with your doctor, but you will with natural practitioners who will counsel you on diet (fungus loves sugar, for example) and natural ways of treating it that if it works won't also kill off the good guys that protect you.  
Helpful - 0
Thank you for giving me an answer.
363281 tn?1590104173
Hello~Paxiled has given you a very good answer.

I would see a reputable naturopathic physician, they seem to specialize in areas like this, I know mine did back home. They know of tests that conventional MD's don't, plus, they will be able to prescribe the correct nutrients and foods to eat or not eat.

On your own, I would cut out all sugars, and wheat and yeast, Candida seems to love these foods. I would also add a good, high potency pro-biotic. Oh, and as to supplements, the naturopath will tell you also, but get the ones that are yeast, wheat and rice free.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1590104173
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.