Aa
A
A
A
Close
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25k Members

TIA or Possible Stroke?

Hello to All, I had a few questions and wanted to post them to see what ya'll thought as to my symptoms.
On june 3, 2006 I started having symptoms of:
Difficulty Talking & walking, keeping eyes open. Slurred speech , shallow breathing, heaviness in chest, burning in sinus cavity, extreme weakness thru out body, chills, dizziness/light headiness (feeling as if I am going to passout), all over body trembling, slight blurred vision, numbness in the lower back of the head and in face, tingling in left arm.

Well after the doctor came in to see me he claimed this was a Panic Attack because all test came back normal he said. I know for a fact these are not panic attacks.

These symptoms started June 3, 2006 and I only had 2 of them during the month of June. Ever since June, they started happening more and more and now they are like at least once or sometimes 2 to 3 times a week. They are getting worse. Could this be TIA or Stroke?

Any idea as to what this may be caused from?

Thank You,
Ark
2 Responses
My FIL had the same symptoms as you last spring and he was diagnosed with a minor stroke or TIA.  All of his symptoms did not disappear - he is left with slight paralysis in one leg.  It took a couple of weeks for the other symptoms to disappear. My aunt also suffers from TIA's but usually after a minor TIA there remains a slight defect that appears permanent - sometimes mental and sometimes physical.  I guess my question would be - do you have any permanent damage from your "attacks"?
My FIL had the same symptoms as you last spring and he was diagnosed with a minor stroke or TIA. All of his symptoms did not disappear - he is left with slight paralysis in one leg. It took a couple of weeks for the other symptoms to disappear. My aunt also suffers from TIA's but usually after a minor TIA there remains a slight defect that appears permanent - sometimes mental and sometimes physical. I guess my question would be - do you have any permanent damage from your "attacks"?

I do not think or hope I do not have any permanent damage from these attacks. Last week i had 2 MRI's done. One for the brain and one for the c-spine. I saw my Neuro Doctor today for the results and he said thta on the brain MRI there's a very small spot in my brain and he said this may possibliy be MS. So he scheduled me for a Lumbar Puncture next week. Now this is very frieghten to say the least having this done. But if it will rule out MS I will have it done.

He said that there not signs of a Stroke. I asked him about the TIA's, he said those are "Mini Strokes" and they do not cause damage. I would have to disagree with him on that tho. My c-spine MRI is showing bulding disc (which is nothing new had them for several years) and I was suppose to have an EEG today as well but got the dates all messed up on that and it's not til next Tuesday. He said the EEg will show alot as far as possbible stroke.....heck I dunno, I am so confused at this point I just want to find out what the heck my problem is here so after all these test are done and results are in myaybe I will get some answers.

I did tell him today that I am certain that these little attacjks I am having are TIA's..........so we will see.

Thansk for yuor reply,
Hope to hear back from ya.
Ark
Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1518219421
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547098925
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482853437
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.