Throat sensitivity

After bouts of acid reflux that I have few now, my throat is very sensitive to exercise, or cold weather. I worked out for years but I can no longer do so due to the tenderness. I have no Insurance...
Ray Briones 909 418-8727
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Both exercise and cold can cause spasm or contraction of abdominal muscles and hence an increase in reflux. Treatment is a combination of drugs to reduce the acid and lifestyle changes. You will need to take a combination of medications like a proton pump inhibitor such as omeprazole,  lansoprazole or pantoprazole empty stomach in the morning and an antacid gel after meals for complete relief. Possibility of H pylori infection too should be looked into and a combination antibiotic tried.
Life style changes that will help include: Avoid heavy meals and eat frequent small meals. Avoid too much of caffeine, tea, smoking, fried food and drinks both alcoholic and non alcoholic fuzzy ones. Avoid heavy exercises within 4 hours of a heavy meal. Raise the head end of the bed by pillows to 30 degrees. Go to bed at least 2 hours after food. Maybe these tips will help you.
I would strongly recommend you to see a gastroenterologist (a specialist who looks after the diseases of our digestive system) at the earliest you can. It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage.  Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
I am sorry but i  may  not been clear. I no longer have acid reflux. but any cold or hot air with any type of excersion causes my throat to burn and become sensitive.
Apparently acid reflux is often the result of anemia.Serious acid reflux if not treated can burn the throat lining it really needs checking.
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.