ULQ abdominal pain
Hello...In October 2006 microscopic blood in my urine was detected. Around that time I also started having an abdominal pain in the upper left quadrant. Blood work was done by my gp ,but nothing unusual turned up. He booked an appt. with a urologist who I saw for 5 minutes April 2008.He asked a few questions such do I smoke (never) and had I ever had kidney stones (no). The urologist then booked a cystoscopy for June  2008 which showed nothing wrong with my bladder. He also booked a pelvic and abdominal ultrasound which I had 5 weeks ago (May 2008).Test results are not back yet from that. I've been in pain all this time, constantly. I feel like the results from that will also show nothing wrong. It's not the kind of pain that doubles you over...it's just a constant annoying pain.  While I waited to have that ultrasound my family doctor had a ct scan of my kidney ,ureters and bladder done. Nothing showed wrong there other then a small spot on my liver which he said was of "no concern". I have no bowel problems...no digestion problems. I seem to have NO other symptoms other then this almost constant abdominal pain. Pain killers don't ease it nor does anything taken for gas or indigestion . The only thing I seem to have is the pain which can be at times stinging ,other times sharp and other times quiets down to barely noticeable. It seems to radiate from 3 inches left of  my navel to under my left ribs. It's worse if I lie on my left side. And I sometimes get a feeling of fullness when I start to eat, but not always.At times it feels like pressure on my left abdomen.  The only medication I am on is estrogel which I have taken for about 9 years. Any suggestions of what causes this sort of pain? Should I  be seeing a different specialist rather then a urloglogist?

I am experiencing many of the symptoms that you are, plus a few others.  I had an UTI when all the pain started, but the pain seems to be persistant.  I had ultra sounds done last week for my abdomin and kidneys.  I am getting the results tomorrow.  Everything so far seems to come out normal.  I just don't understand, as I am always sick.  I will let you know what my results come out to be.  I am frustrated, so I kind of know what you are going through.
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.