Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Undiagnosed Chronic Pain

For a couple of months now, I have experienced pain behind the lowest part of my right rib cage; I also feel it in my back at the same area, and occasionally on my side. Sometimes all three areas at the same time. It is most prominent when I take a deep breath, or have been sitting in a stationary position for more than an hour. I thought at first I might have pulled something; but it just won't go away. The level of pain lightens up and worsens for no good reason.
You might want to get your right kidney checked out.  Also your gallbladder and liver are on the right.
Welcome to the forum!
There is a strong possibility it is costochondritis (inflammation of the joint between rib and sternum. The inflammation around the joint area gives sharp pain on taking a breath. This can also cause tenderness on pressing the area which pains.
Right upper abdominal pain can be due to cholecystitis (inflammation of gall bladder), stones in gall bladder, abscess under the diaphragm, liver problems or due to duodenal ulcer. All of these can also cause the pain to go to the back or the side. An ultrasound or CT scan of abdomen is may be required.
It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Discuss these possibilities with your doctor.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!