Here are my symptoms...
1. abdominal pain - cramp like with a bloated stomach
2. inconsistent bowel movements - diarrhea to constipation in a day
3. Green-ish stools
4. Dizziness/Lightheadedness, sweats, disorientation, weakness - with the episodes of pain
5. Lots of belching - I mean LOTS
6. In an episode - neck pain on the right side - stiffness
7. irregular heartbeat - in an episode
8. Nausea - eating and drinking makes me worse
9. Unexplained weight loss - about 10-15 pounds in 2 weeks
10. Canker sores in mouth - have had 14 at one point
I know that is a lot but it seems to be related. I have had an endoscopy and colonoscopy done to rule out the obvious (GERD, Celiac, Chron's, Colitis) and have been diagnosed with Irritable Bowel Syndrome. I was fine with that diagnosis until I started getting the dizzy spells and weakness. The doctor said my pain was to the point where my body just wanted to shut down as the pain began - that didn't make sense to me and sure enough in the past few days other symptoms (neck pain) have come up.
The pain is pretty general to the abdomen but when it is hurting in one specific spot - it seems to be the lower left quadrant. The only way to settle the pain is by curling up in fetal position and just waiting it out. This is starting to hurt my quality of life - as I am unable to attend classes or am late for class due to an episode prior to class.
I am a 19 year old female, am on Yaz, Zoloft, Wellbutrin and Kapidex. I have been diagnosed with General Anxiety Disorder and Major Depression and I take the kapidex for a high amount of stomach acid.
In March 2008, I got mononucleosis, and ever since I got that, my health has deteriorated. I would get tonsilitis every 2 weeks and after having my tonsils out, got pneumonia. I remember saying to my mom that whatever this is is just moving down my body and that soon it would be a problem in my abdomen. While my lungs have been ok, my abdomen has not been.
I have had the pain on and off for about three years, but more recently it has become more of a problem. I would appreciate any new ideas. I am desperate for help, as all the GI doctors seem to think IBS but I can't imagine anyone lives with this pain and does nothing about it.