So, I posted in men's health, but found this section and thought I might have some luck.
I have been experiencing pain at the tip of my urethra, and on the top of my penis head, for about 2 months now. It feels more like a constant sting rather than a burning, and there is no discharge, or visible symptoms.
When I touch the top of my penis head, it is extremely sensitive, and sometimes the skin looks a little cracked, but other times it looks completely normal. It feels like a chaffing effect, but I only wear breathable cotton boxers, and have not caused any chaffing. There are no lesions or bumps, and while I keep the area clean, I do not use any soaps or irritants directly on it.
I am in a happy monogamous relationship, and have abstained from sex for a very long time (years before these symptoms began). I have completely normal urine flow, and it looks clear/yellow, and has been tested at nauseam.
I think it is important to add that I am HIV-1 positive and have been for about 3 years. I have been on ART medication and am/have remained undetectable since treatment right after diagnosis. I started by taking Tivicay and Descovy, and then when Biktarvy came out, I was switched to the single pill regiment. There was no complication with the switch and this seems to be unrelated to the medication, but given my technically suppressed immune system, I thought it was important to add.
I went to my doctor multiple times, and went to a urologist. This is what has been done with unsuccessful results:
Urgent Care Facility (Doctor Unavailable)
1) First urine test, to test for UTI- no leukocytes and negative
2) Second urine test, to test for gonorrhea/chlamydia- both negative
3) Diagnosed with bacterial prostatitis and put on 3 weeks of levofloxacin- no help
General Physician (2 Visits)
4) Third urine test, to microscopically test for stones- no blood or any evidence
5) Given oral anti-fungal in case of yeast infection from 3 weeks of antibiotics- test revealed no yeast infection, and oral anti-fungal did nothing
6) Fourth urine test- completely normal results
7) Gave me a prostate exam- completely normal results, but told me this could be lingering pain from chronic prostatitis
8) Fifth urine test to check for c-reactive protein and any bacteria- both negative
9) Tested for Diabetes- negative
I have noticed the pain is usually isolated to the left side of the meatus. Urine flow is somewhat restricted, and there is a frequent urge to go.
Looking forward to hearing back, and maybe even getting some resolve. Thanks in advance.