Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Unexplained Panic Episodes

Sometimes during the evening I experience sudden epsiodes of unexplained fear. All logical reasoning just goes out the window. I fear for my life and suddenly become very afraid of dying. It feels like I'm in mortal danger. When it happens it always right before I go to bed. It started a few months ago and got slowly worse. I just had one a few minuets ago and found my self on my knees begging the lord to make it stop. I know i have a problem but for some reason I just find it so hard to talk about. Please some one help me. I can't be the only one with this problem.
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
It could be your spine. You say it happens around the same time at night. I had chronic nerve pain for many years and at night it was worst. I dealt with it for eight years, I got an inversion table and stretched out on it and in about three weeks my pain with away and I was a hopeless wreck. I was also seeing a chiropractor. Hope this helps!
Helpful - 0
Your family doctor might want to check you out just to be on the safe side . In the meantime , it might help you to drink a cup or two of hot tea before bedtime to relax you ; but you shouldn't eat before bedtime . There are all sorts of caffeine-free sleepytime teas or calm teas that might help you . There might be some stress you are feeling from the past or present that could be causing your panic attacks .Also , I read effects of alcohol on the body can be devastating and heavy drinkers experience panic attacks as well .Or it could be anxiety disorder . Your doctor may be able to treat it successfully if you talk to him about it .Good luck .
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.