Unexplained Panic Episodes

Sometimes during the evening I experience sudden epsiodes of unexplained fear. All logical reasoning just goes out the window. I fear for my life and suddenly become very afraid of dying. It feels like I'm in mortal danger. When it happens it always right before I go to bed. It started a few months ago and got slowly worse. I just had one a few minuets ago and found my self on my knees begging the lord to make it stop. I know i have a problem but for some reason I just find it so hard to talk about. Please some one help me. I can't be the only one with this problem.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
It could be your spine. You say it happens around the same time at night. I had chronic nerve pain for many years and at night it was worst. I dealt with it for eight years, I got an inversion table and stretched out on it and in about three weeks my pain with away and I was a hopeless wreck. I was also seeing a chiropractor. Hope this helps!
Helpful - 0
Your family doctor might want to check you out just to be on the safe side . In the meantime , it might help you to drink a cup or two of hot tea before bedtime to relax you ; but you shouldn't eat before bedtime . There are all sorts of caffeine-free sleepytime teas or calm teas that might help you . There might be some stress you are feeling from the past or present that could be causing your panic attacks .Also , I read effects of alcohol on the body can be devastating and heavy drinkers experience panic attacks as well .Or it could be anxiety disorder . Your doctor may be able to treat it successfully if you talk to him about it .Good luck .
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community