Unexplained sweet smells

Often [pretty much every day now] I can smell a sweet odor, not unlike perfume. It goes on for a while, even when no one around me is wearing perfume. What could possibly be the source of that?

This discussion is related to sudden sweet, floral smell.
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
you may have Syphilis, i would small a vanila smell at random times.( i got it from my wife ,and thats how i discovered she was cheating on me.NOT a pleasant ordeal hu?)
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Strong fruity odor is due to uncontrolled diabetes and can be perceived often during the day—in sweat, urine or just like that. Hence it is important to test for diabetes.
The other possibility is that a smell has got trapped into your consciousness. Sinusitis with post nasal drip can be the cause and this should be investigated first by an ENT.  Menopause, high prolactin, and tumors of ovary can also be a cause. If it is followed by headaches, it can be an aura of migraine. Temporal lobe epilepsy could be another cause.
Since I cannot examine you and know other related conditions you may be having, nor is a detailed history possible on net, I have listed the various possibilities that should be looked into. Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral.
Take care!