Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Upper Respiratory Infection

I have a viral URI. I'm not sure that's really what I have cause doctor checked my lungs by listening and xray, said they were good. I still feel as though there is mucus in my TRachea. No other symptoms other than extreme fatigue at times and mucus. Occasional plugged nose. Background: I have symptoms similar to deviated septum, Ex: Can only breath well out of one nostril at a time. Post nasal drip on and of for years. Allergies some years are bad other years nothing.  This sickness started with swollen tonsils and tonsil stones. That lasted a little over a week. Then for 3 weeks a lot of mucus all down my throat. Kept feeling like I was gonna choke eating. Then this last week felt like the mucus was in my chest. Doc. said no it isn't so must be somewhere between there and tonsil. I have been kinda worried cause I keep feeling like the back of my throat is closing up, almost similar to gag reflex. Starts to get a little harder to breath, not sure if it's from this symptom or me freaking out about it. Any Ideas on what is going on inside my body?
A magnesium deficiency can cause the feeling that the throat is closing - and sometimes a cough.

Black Elderberry is a supplement that acts like an anti-histimine but better because it's natural.

Could be that you just need to supplement your diet.  Most of us don't get the nutrients we need because our food has been modified. (see Foodinc)  A good multiple vitamin is helpful, but there still isn't enough Magnesium in it to really relieve that particular symptom.  It also relieves spasms.

Good health to you - hope this helps