Upper arm pain after sleeping

For the past week, I have woken up from sleep during the night because of terrible pain in my upper arms. When I sleep on my right side for about 20 minutes, my upper arm starts to radiate and throb with pain. So, then I move to my left side and the same thing happens. This has caused me to not have good sleep at night. I wake up in the morning hurting so bad and my upper arms are sore for the rest of the day. Has anyone else suffered with this? Please give me suggestions as to what I should do. Thanks.
Have you started any new medications lately?
Could be side effects from some types.
I have had this problem in the past and still have problems with it occasionally.  After seeing a Neurologist, I was diagnosed with severe carpel tunnel syndrome.  I am not saying you have this, but I would recommend you consult a Neurologist.  

Are you doing heavy lifting?  Do you have a occupation that requires repetitive movements with your hands/arms?
You can also post in the Neurology Forum too.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
The only thing that I can think of is pinched nerves due to some cervical pathology. Use a hard bed to sleep. Avoid a pillow. Roll a towel and place it under your neck while sleeping on the back and between head and shoulder when lying on the side. Initially this will be uncomfortable but with time the acupressure will do wonders. Hope this helps. Else consult a neurologist or a chiropractor. Take care!
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.