Upper stomach problems
Hi...I have had acid reflux for years.  I went to my doctor 10 years ago and had a complete upper GI series and found a slight hiatal hernia.  He put me on Pepcid and the problem has been on and off again for that amount of time.  Admittedly, I have not really watched my diet as I should.  I am not overweight, but do tend to overeat on occasion and when I do, the problem returns.  I recently went again because the problem seemed to be getting worse.  I have a two episodes of a very intense, acute pain in my upper sternum...felt like colitis or a severe spasm that lasted on and off for about 30 minutes, followed by acid reflux.  Both times was when I ate something high in fat and REALLY unhealthly...very rich ice cream once and a beef dish the other time that just did not want to digest.  I have suspected gall bladder for years...I do alot of reading on the internet about health care and health problems.  I went to my doctor and he prescribed Acidifex (sp?) and while that worked well, I have an ultrasound scheduled for next week and would just like to know if this is common to have this kind of pain associated with gallstones.  I wonder also if my hiatal hernia has gotten worse with time and what could be done about it. I don't feel bad, no nausea (I do not get nausated easily at all), no fever, or lower colon problems at all. Also, is surgery the only thing done for gall bladder problems?  Thank you for your time.
A related discussion, Upper Stomach Pain was started.
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.