Undiagnosed Symptoms Forum

Warm Sensations throughout body

Off and on for sometime now, I have been having a warm/hot sensation running throughout my body for sometime now.  It feels like someone has injected me with hot water or something very not; like its running through my veins.  It usually happens at night, when I am asleep; actually that is what wakes me up.  I always check my skin when its happening to look for bumps or hives, but nothing.  No itching either.  It last for about 5 minutes, and during that time, I feel like I am about to pass out; at times even my heart starts to race.  Now it has been happening off and on during the day; the "hot sensation", the lightheadedness, then palpitations.  The majority of the time, its just the sensation and the lightheadedness.  This is really beginning to scare me, because I don't like to be alone when this is going on, and it last about 5-10 minutes.  Please help.
Thyroid dysfunction can lead to hot or cold sensations, as well as palpitations.  This should be checked with a blood test.  

If negative, further evaluation of the heart can be done with an echocardiogram and Holter monitor.  

Neurologic diseases can also lead to the feeling of passing out.  If appropriate, an MRI or CT scan would be a reasonable approach if these causes are suspected.

These options can be discussed with your personal physician.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
kevinmd_
I have this hot sensation throughout my body too, feels like under heater or something, it happened sometimes on my arms, sometimes on my legs, sometimes on different part of my body. Last for only few minutes usually, on and off during the day sometimes too. Wonder what could this be.
Do you recall having an unprotected encounter prior to the start of symptoms.
I have not had any unprotected encounters.  Wonder what it could be?
I have had a weird bacteria infection in my stomach for over a month. I have been on antibiotics and this happened to me off and on other night. I went back to ER and my thyroid was overactive. Check on this---she told me this would cause this symptom. I felt like my whole body was on fire.
Terri
A related discussion, burning in body was started.
Could someone tell me whether it is normal to have a warm body like when one is having a hi fever the body temperature is high,whereas to have such symptons when i am fit and fine is absurd.going for a checkup also seems needless in this situation so let me know if anyone is facing the same,thanks.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.