Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Weird Period

I've been having some really irregular bleeding since mid-April (of this year). It seems pretty constant, but sometimes there are a few days when I don't bleed at all. I've had this before, from November of 2012 to almost February of 2013, and I did see a doctor who said there was nothing wrong with me. I don't have sex with other people (sometimes I do masturbate but not regularly.) I still have my regular period symptoms sometimes, and they were never every month with the exact same. I've seen my regular doctor for a checkup since and nothing has been out of the ordinary anywhere else, and I've had blood tests, an ultrasound (in January 2013), etc. Nothing is out of the ordinary.
So what is going on?
Hi insertaskabbey.

There are many reasons and some of the main ones are:
excess estrogen, low progesterone, estrogen dominance, obesity, low folate, liver dysfunction, birth control pill side effects and other.

Are you on any birth control?
Anything  unusual with the blood loss, like darker color, thicker & heavier?
What is your age? Is it very painful? Any other symptoms?

Did you have a hormonal panel in the past?

Looking forward to your reply.

Best wishes.
Niko

No, I'm not. They actually recommended it, but I don't like the idea of chemicals regulating anything.
Sometimes it's in rather thick clots but that's not all the time.
I'm sure I'd know if it was obesity.
I'm eighteen, it's not (I do occasionally get cramps but like I said, it's an every-few-months period symptom and they aren't horrible anymore). I did have a hormone panel. They came back normal. But that was in early 2013, should I get another? Like I said, there's nothing else but that.
Thanks for replying :)
A related discussion, Continued Symptoms was started.