A
A
A
Close
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25.1k Members

Weird Period

Hi,
I've been having some really irregular bleeding since mid-April (of this year). It seems pretty constant, but sometimes there are a few days when I don't bleed at all. I've had this before, from November of 2012 to almost February of 2013, and I did see a doctor who said there was nothing wrong with me. I don't have sex with other people (sometimes I do masturbate but not regularly.) I still have my regular period symptoms sometimes, and they were never every month with the exact same. I've seen my regular doctor for a checkup since and nothing has been out of the ordinary anywhere else, and I've had blood tests, an ultrasound (in January 2013), etc. Nothing is out of the ordinary.
So what is going on?
3 Responses
1530171 tn?1448133193
Hi insertaskabbey.

There are many reasons and some of the main ones are:
excess estrogen, low progesterone, estrogen dominance, obesity, low folate, liver dysfunction, birth control pill side effects and other.

Are you on any birth control?
Anything  unusual with the blood loss, like darker color, thicker & heavier?
What is your age? Is it very painful? Any other symptoms?

Did you have a hormonal panel in the past?

Looking forward to your reply.

Best wishes.
Niko

No, I'm not. They actually recommended it, but I don't like the idea of chemicals regulating anything.
Sometimes it's in rather thick clots but that's not all the time.
I'm sure I'd know if it was obesity.
I'm eighteen, it's not (I do occasionally get cramps but like I said, it's an every-few-months period symptom and they aren't horrible anymore). I did have a hormone panel. They came back normal. But that was in early 2013, should I get another? Like I said, there's nothing else but that.
Thanks for replying :)
A related discussion, Continued Symptoms was started.
Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1518219421
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547098925
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482853437
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.