Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25k Members

What Is Wrong With Me?

I'm 71 years old and weigh 100 lbs. I'm having the following symptoms:

Constantly thirsty
Frequent urination
Persistent hunger
Stiffness in should muscles
Lack of muscle strength
Dry skin
Moodiness/edginess
Insomnia
Weight loss
High levels of potassium

A few things about me: I have macular degeneration and osteoperosis and osteoarthritis. I'm a breast cancer survivor and had a mastectomy over a decade ago. During the chemo for my cancer I had pneumonia and a brain abscess, but was treated and recent CAT scans reveal everything is okay.

I have no history of diabetes, kidney or thyroid issues. All have been recently tested. I am single and am the primary caregiver for my mother who is 96 years old and requires a lot of care.

Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Two things should be ruled out immediately. One is diabetes and the second is hyperthyroid states. Do consult your doctor. Simple blood tests would need to be done for both. Also get your kidney function assessed. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!

Thank you for the reply. As I said in my original post, I have no history of diabetes, kidney or thyroid issues. All have been recently tested. Do you have any other advice?