About 3 weeks ago I started experiencing left flank pain in my back. It felt like a burning, sore pain and I figured it could be a muscle strain from sitting at a desk in the office. However, the pain lasted and continues now. A few days later I began experiencing additional symptoms which have at various times included:
- sore to sharp pain under and to the left of my belly button
- burning/sore pain in lower to mid back (almost spasm-like)
- pinching pain in left side at the waist
- pain in left mid-upper back (soreness, burning)
- pain in left abdomen at bottom of ribcage extending down to hip bone (deep tenderness, feels like something's about to burst)
- pain in lower left abdomen near ovary area (sharp, throbbing)
- loose stools (odd since I hardly ever have GI issues) with 2 brief episodes of constipation
The pain comes and goes and moves around between my left back, side, and abdomen. Pain level ranges from 3 to 6 or 7. It's more strong discomfort than sharp pain. Urine test, CBC, bacterial/parasite panel for stool all came back negative. I am a female in my early 20s, not pregnant, no notable health issues other than strong dysmenorrhea and some right lower pelvic pain between periods for the past 7 years (presumed to be ovarian cysts by my doctor).
Has anyone had similar symptoms? Any idea of what this might be? Urgent care physician was leaning toward a GI issue - some type of bacteria - but tests came back negative. It feels to me like it could be kidney or gyn related. Any ideas are appreciated. Planning to follow up with a doctor next week if symptoms persist.