What other than cysts could be on my liver?

What else could it be on my liver?? Been told I have possible occasional cysts on my liver, seen while having MRI on spine. Have had extending feelings, pain and bloating for a long time had scan once before but was clear I wonder now if they were just missed. Is that at all possible?? And also how many cysts is 'occasional' cysts??
Awaiting liver scan....(I do have haemangiomas in my vertebral bodies at least 4 was told common to move to the liver??) I don't drink much at all, possible once fortnightly/three weeks, occasionally.
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
Sentiment deposit? Necrosis? Request a hydra scan - basically a test that illuminates a specific organ allowing for better radiation examination. I would get your GP on it right away because it could take a while to get in.
Ive just got my scan through and its a ultra sound theyve sent me for, already had one of them some time ago for problems but nothing showed. Just thought the MRI I had would of showed more than a ultra sound, but also not sure how much of the liver can you see when it was a spinal MRI they saw them on??? Thanks I will look into that that type of scan. Is necrosis a tumor?? what is sentiment deposit as not getting far with google. Thanks
Yes an MRI would be good as it examines soft tissue. Necrosis basically means "dead tissue" in Latin. It would be a result of diminished blood flow to the area causing it to stop functioning. It is NOT a tumour, just dead tissue that no longer relieves blood flow so therefore, has shut off. This can be determined by a blood test for liver enzymes  (ie ASL). Sentiment deposits might be crystallized protein or salts in your liver ducts. It would impede your livers ability to function properly. An ultrasound is a good idea and much easier to get then an MRI. Plus has very little radiation. Things in your body can change very quickly so don't rely on old tests to give current results. Keep me posted!
Thanks for explaining. The first ultra sound was few year ago where nothing seen, I recently had an MRI on my spine (lots of probs) but they said they saw possible occasional cyst. I have had a MRI on my pituitary gland before, first result showed something, the second with dye in came back no futher action??? Had two other lumps could be felt but nothing shown on scan??? Beginning to wonder what on earth is going on, but will see what happens next week and go from there. (maybe unrelated??)
Just thought why couldnt they see every thing on the MRI, why a ultra sound also??
Honestly Hun, they probably just weren't looking for it. The image would be concentrated in your spine, not your peripheral organs. An ultrasound is a safer procedure because it emits much lower levels of radiation and the results usually come back more quickly. Keep in touch
Thanks they must have just seen part of my liver then??? Its the waiting and not knowing. :/
No cysts seen on ultra sound they said they 'think' they are vessels. Not sure what that means or is either as they didnt explain and were in a rush so best use google again lol