Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Whats this lump on side of neck

I have a dime sized lump on the right side of the neck, it doesn't hurt nor do I have any other symptoms. Just a hard lump that doesn't move under the skin when I put pressure on it, it just stays in place. I don't remember how long I've had it. Maybe a few months to a year, I hardly ever get sick the most is once to twice a year. Any suggestions would be helpful thank you.
This could be a number of different things, but since you've had it for at least a few months, if not a lot longer, it's time to see your doctor.

I can't stress this enough. A lump on your neck can indicate a few different types of cancer. Obviously, I don't know if you have cancer, but you really should see your doctor to find out.

https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/003098.htm
Thank you for your reply, I will go see a doctor.
Hi, "Username". Just so you don't feel too worried, I'd like to point out the following to you:

Of all the people who go to see a doctor because of an unexplained bump on their neck, only a very small number end up having  cancer. Maybe around 3%.

If it hasn't been getting larger, that's in your favor. Since you say that it is immovable, I'm guessing that you've done some research. Be aware that a lymph node being immovable doesn't necessarily mean cancer. We don't even know at the moment if it is a lymph node.

So, you can look at a visit to a doctor as the chance to rule out cancer.

Btw, is it round or oval? What's your age?

Oh, and have you been around any cats?