Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Why did my dizzy spell last so long?

Yesterday while I was at work I became very faint. I tried toughing it out as long as I could but I knew if I didnt sit down I would faint and soon. I have been light headed enough over the years I usually know how to make it pass. Usally if I sit down for 20 minutes it passes and I can jump right back into things. Yesterday however this did not help. As soon as I stood back up for more than five minutes the feeling rushed back (it was not immediate upon standing up). I was having a hard time hearing customers and cutting the bread. I was light headed for the rest of the day but the worst of it lasted about two hours.

Why did this dizzy spell last so long?

Background info
I have recently relasped into my eating disorder but I honestly don't think I have been restricting that much. I make myself eat at least two meals a day.

Yesterday was the first day of my period this month. Which usually is the worst cramp wise (which was aweful as well) but my period has never made me light headed like that and I have had it for 9 years.

This is not the first time I have almost passed out at work. I was let go from a job a couple years ago because of it. And J have had dizzy spells a few times in the past month or two.
You probably have hypotension exacerbated by your eating disorder.