Why do I get hives from scratching sometimes?
Every once in awhile, when I scratch myself my skin will turn into a rash with hives.  Why is this?  Out of the blue, I'll scratch an area of skin and an inflamed rash will form from the scratching .  Then it becomes a little bit itchy and I'll scratch it and hives form in the shape of scratch marks, also creating smaller hive bumps within the area being scratched.  When this happens, I can simply scratch any area of my skin and the scratch lines will turn into hives!  It's terribly annoying and embarassing, and only happens every once in awhile.  I don't think I have any allergies and I seem to be in good health.  I also know it's not contageous because the people around me don't experience it.  Why does my skin flare up like this for no apparent reason sometimes?
Welcome to the forum!
It could also be due to pressure urticaria. Any pressure, scratch etc results in hives. Keep your skin well hydrated, drink plenty of fluids, eat citrus fruits, use a good moisturizer and avoid scratching. If you feel the need to scratch, then use your finger pads to rub the area instead of the normal scratch.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.