Higher levels of prostaglandins are associated with more severe menstrual cramps. I don't suffer any cramps. My diet contains no transfat or vegetable oils high in omega 6 and my favourite foods are bacon, eggs, butter and cheese. I found an article that lists ways to reduce prostaglandins. I don't eat anything raw though..ugh! lol
Excerpt from the article Tripping Lightly Down the Prostaglandin Pathways...
"Tips for Tripping Lightly Down the Prostaglandin Pathways
1. Avoid all hydrogenated fats
2. Avoid high levels of processed omega-6 vegetable oils, especially soy, corn, cottonseed and safflower oils
3. Use high quality butter
4. Use small amounts of flax oil in salad dressings.
5. Use coconut oil or whole coconut milk in cooking
6. Supplement with cod liver oil and evening primrose, borage or black current oils
7. Eat organ meats and fish eggs occasionally
8. Eat good quality eggs frequently
9. Eat raw meat or fish occasionally (Note: Fish should be marinated in an acidic medium, and meat should be frozen for at least 14 days before preparation, to avoid parasite contamination.)
10. Avoid high phytate foods that block zinc. These include grains, legumes and nuts that have not been properly prepared to reduce phytate content.13 Modern soy foods have potent zinc-blocking effects.
11. Avoid refined sweeteners like sugar and high fructose corn syrup
12. Eat and drink in moderation—but don’t deprive yourself of delicious traditional foods."