Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Worsening pain with xiphoid process

5 years ago my 3 year old jumped on my chest and hit me with her knee right in the xiphoid process.  My dr. did a diagnosis just on physical exam, no treatment.  Have always had a lump from it and slight discomfort.  For the past month I have had dramatic changes: constant moderate pain,  the lump has tripled in size, great deal of pain when I wear a bra, nasuea all the time, accassional vomiting,  I have had no other injury and I have not changed my routine in any way.  The pain and lump have been increasing gradually, but the pain with my bra and the nausea and vomoting are all sudden changes.  My dr. said not to wirry about it and has done nothing but recommend ibuprofen for pain,  I need suggestions for who I should see and/or what  I should do.Thank you for your time.
wow okay i recommend you to go see a different doctor cuz he does not know what hes talking about...since its getting worse you should see someone else try looking online hospitals close to your home and tell them about what your experiencing...
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
You either have a displaced joint or an epigastric hernia. It can also be fracture of the xiphoid process. A CT scan of the area should be done. Please push your PCP for this. Meanwhile do not lift weights or do strenuous exercises and avoid constipation.
Take care!
A related discussion, knot on sternum was started.