bitter taste

for the few days I have been having the most awful bitter taste on my lips and my fingers. Nothing in my diet has changed except for taking Magnesium supplement for restless legs. HELP !!!
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Magnesium gives a bitter taste to its salts and to any product that contains it. Hence magnesium supplements are known to cause bitter taste in mouth.
OK here are a few tips for you. Try them. They should help. Have citrus juices, lemonade and foods marinated in vinegar. Brush your teeth and your tongue with a tongue cleaner at least twice in a day and surely at bedtime. Vit C tablets, over the counter oral mouthwashes will help fight the taste. Increase fibers in the diet. Eat fresh things like apples that are crunchy or rough things like popcorn scrapes the white debris off the tongue. If these do not help, you will have to ask the doctor for a different medicine for the RLS.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!

I've had that before but I wasn't taking any supplements. I found everything I ate tasted bitter too. It went away after a couple of weeks by itself.