bloating and swollen ankles

ok i just had a baby he is 4 months old and i had a c- section. ever since i have had him my stomache had been really sensitive to milk based products. and ive been bloating really bad. and everytime i eat i feel like i ate a million things. and its really hard on the upper part of my stomache. my ankles started swelling about a week ago. and it is not going away. i feel like im still pregnant cause my stomache still pokes out and its hard like it has gotten bigger since i have had him.
hey there. you may have a kind of hormonal imbalance. your body may act like it's still pregnant do to a hormonal imbalance. i don't know any other thing it could be. hope this will help.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
You probably have lactose intolerance and an inflammatory bowel disorder. This could be causing bloating and gas and improper absorption. This could also be the reason for severe anemia.
Usually conditions of heart, kidney, liver or low protein or severe anemia, which cause ankle swelling cause both ankles to swell. Hence if both ankles are swelling then you will need to get heart function assessed by ECHO and EKG, get kidney and liver function tests done and get a complete blood picture for anemia. Low sodium in blood, hypothyroidism and malabsorption syndromes causing low protein in blood have to be looked into.
Please consult your PCP to get tests to determine this. Also it would be wise to consult  a gastroenterologist.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!

Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.