Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25.2k Members
Avatar universal

bump on top foot

It started with the top of my foot hurting, like someone had stepped on it. I now have a hard lump that is painful to the touch. I am wondering if this serious and if I need to see a podiatrist. I am a little concerned about what this could be.
2 Responses
Avatar universal
you should be. if you have not injured it. it may be a clot. should have it looked at
144586 tn?1284666164
Yes. See a podiatrist immediately. Not a regular physician. Podiatrists are really good at this sort of problem. This is potentially serious. The pain suggests infection, and the metatarsal bones are nearby. It could be a clot, but you need a professional look-see. If the infection migrates to the bone, you develop osteomyelitis, which is a nightmare on elm street, and may require weeks of intravenous therapy..
Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1590104173
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.