can beets cause stomach cramp. i have IBS

Can beets cause stomach cramps, and had flax seeds also.

Since you are having IBS,so anything(food,drinks,stress,anxiety etc) which irritates the lining of stomach can cause abdominal cramps or pain. These triggers or stress related chemical changes may also influence the perception of pain signals sent to the brain from the sensory nerve endings that respond to events occurring in the intestines.Take easily digestible food which is low in fiber for some days and see if the cramps are present.Pls elaborate on the side of the abdomen where you are having the cramps so that I can make a differential diagnosis of the possible causes and then they can be evaluated.Till that time take some antispasmodic drugs and keep yourself well hydrated.

Hope it helps. Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.

Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.