Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25k Members

chronic right groin pain and right lower quadrant pain......+_+

I'm 33 years old. I'm suffering from chronic right groin pain and right lower quadrant pain for one and a half year! I've consulted 6-7 doctor. The worst part is that, however, the source of pain still unknow! I've ct scan(pelvis), x-ray.
Everyday I have to face is PAIN!!!

Lady and gentlemen, any suggestion for me!
Diverticular Disease is a digestive disorder, but it can be asymptomatic or just cause pain without any noticable changes in your bowel movements. Worth reading about in any case: http://www.healthsystem.virginia.edu/uvahealth/adult_digest/divertic.cfm
Ive been having mild chronic lower right quadrant pain too for going on 4months now.  I first suspected appendicitis, went to the ER and blood tests were normal.

Went to my regular Dr 3 days later..........I've had a colonoscopy (CLEAN), sonogram (CLEAN) and CTscan w/contrast......all my organs are fine, the appendix showed up healthy and normal.

Ive been diagnosed with IBS.  I did the Colonoscopy, just as a precaution....for polyps, divict, and IBD.  
Lower right quad pain can be gallbladder disease- it spreads to your back and shoulder.  Have your ovaries checked- does it fluctuate with your periods? Itmay be an ovarian cyst that comes and goes with your period. Dis they check the bladder and kidney?  You really have to be pushy at the doctor's office.  Good luck
First of all, I am male! I've check my gallbladder and kidney......and the result is normal!
I've consulted many doctor(around 6-7). Many times, I ask doctor if it's chronic appendicitis. All of them said that's not possible because no fever, no increasing white blood cell etc. Meanwhile, they told me that chronic appendicitis is rare. Even though chronic appendicitis exist, it will not last for so many month! Recently, a doctor claim that it may be referal pain cause by spine! I'm so lost that I lost everythings!
Actually, I want to kill myself. Since no matter sitting, walking, sleeping and standing, pain is all around!
MY SON IS GOING THRU THE SAME THING. WE HAVE BEEN TO 8 DOCTORS INCLUDING A CANCER CENTER. HE HAD A SCAN THIS WEEK AND THEY FOUND CALCIUM IN HIS APPENDIX. WE ARE MEETING WITH A SURGEN ON WEDNESDAY.
It is frustrating, I know.  I believe it could be referred pain from the spine.  Or a problem with trigger point in the muscles.  Do the doctors do muscle testing with you?  Like with you laying on your back lift one leg up and ask if you have any discomfort?  Then move it in a different way, etc. Have you been to a chiropractor or an Osteopathic doctor?  Did it start out slowly and then become constant?  Or after an injury, a slip, fall, auto, over work?  

I've worked for by chiropractors and a D.O., who know about skeletal-muscular problems.  Since your doctors haven't found anything, have they suggested any treatment, like physical therapy, home stretching/strengthening exercise? pain medication?   After several years with chronic left hip pain, "I hear your pain".  Mine is all soft tissue stuff, muscle imblances, some bursitis, not internal organs, not arthritis.   I finally have a handle on it.  2 years ago I went to the physical therapist with some relief, only it came back.  Now I'm almost pain free every day.  I saw a different PT and I followed through with my home exercise progam.  I do streching almost every day to keep pain free.

Good luck getting to the end of it.
I have been going through this as well.  I have severe right lower quadrant pain that radiates into my groin that flares up about once or twice a month to severe pain.  I had my right ovary removed due to cysts and endo (which you dont have to worry about)!  I have had all the other organs checked out, i personally do not believe in a diagnosis of IBS cause that is what they tell you when they cant figure it out!  Any I have seen primary docs, obgyn, spine docs, GI docs, you name it.  Well i have Facet Joint Syndrome in my lower facet joints in my back. I basically have no cushion between the joints.  The referred pain from that is about the most likely explaination.  With no other clinical diagnosis that is my best self diagnosis!  Have you had your back checked out?
I also had pain in my right groin area into the pubic area and it hurt like the dickens..They found out I had a torn LABRUM..its like the lining of the hip joint which causes this type of pain..I understand that athletic people usually get this and takes years to diagnose..So get those hips checked  out.
I also went to an accupunturist..helped a little but pain is back. the doc says they can clean the hip joint and he is positive the pain will go away..I am not sure I agree with him..as I have no pain in my hip..The accupuncturist feels its a nerve..I also notice it gets bad when I change from one shoe to another..I feel its muscle/nerve problem and I will explore further..I did get a shot of cortison into the hip and the pain did go away for 2 weeks in the groin area..but the shot might have calmed the nerve..I think I need to have more stores
Nice to hear so many feed back! Thanks!
I've visit both chiropractor and Osteopathic. Their comment is normal. Everything is alright. At the same time, I've CT scan right lower quadrant. The appendix showed up healthy and normal..
A doctor told me that it same to be the problem of hernia. He told me that's a small hernia and nothing can do at this moment. Afterward, I visited two more doctor, they told me that no hernia exist!!! It maybe the problem of nerves.
I'm so lost. So afraid of operation.
I have what sounds like the same type pain.  Mine is a burning in the lower right side, close to the groin.  I am a female that works out alot.
Have had this almost two years now so I imagine it can't be the appendix or it would have burst by now.
It is difficult to do crunches  or stay seated very long.  I have had a normal abd. ultrasound, pelvic ultrasound, expl. laporoscopy, my ovary removed and still have the pain.  I'm now thinking it could be neurological radiating from the lower back or spine.  Thinking about a
chiropractor but don't want to open another can of worms.
EXACTLY my symptoms.......and guess what? turned out I had a deep deep hernia down near where the pubic bone and the groin meet... I also had two very enlarged angry chronically inflammed lymph nodes.
This apparently was giving me the great pain; and the reason that no test could give me a diagnosis.
Finally, a general surgeon suggested he just go in and have a look.
Low and behold -- I am no longer in pain.  
Ask to see a general surgeon.
Just because a hernia does not "pop" out, does not mean it is not there.
Good luck.
I had my appendix out in 98 after years of pain.. It was Chronic appendicitus (sp) I had had that pain all my life.  Weird isn't it?