Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25k Members

chronic stomach pain and nausea: whats wrong with me?

I am a 19year female old college student. I have been experiencing sever upper abdominal pain and nausea. it is always present and varies in severity. no matter what I eat (even if I don't eat at all) I have pain and nausea. the pain is very similar to the pain of gallstones in location and feeling. it feels like someone has dug their fist into my upper abdomen just below my brest and is squeezes anything and everything they can. its can be unbearable abd keep me awake at night for hours upon hours. the pain sometimes can be eased if in the fetal position but not by much. the nausea its also constant and does not go away. at times I will feel so ill that I cannot move from the spot im laying in. when I do get up to run to the bathroom. I cannot vomit.
sometimes when the pain and nausea  is sever enough I will feel over heated and dizzy. sometimes confused.
I have been given several perscriptions from doctors for heartburn or acid reflux however, they do not have any effect and my symptoms DO NOT resemble those of acid reflux or heart burn. there is NOT burning sensation or esophogeal fluid.
I am very confused and just want to feel normal again. if u have any idea what this is or have similar symptoms please message me.    
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
If acid reflux drugs are not helping you then the pain can be due to gall stones, pancreatitis, hepatitis or due to any inflammatory bowel disease like IBS, Crohn’s, celiac etc.
I would strongly recommend you to see a gastroenterologist (a specialist who looks after the diseases of our digestive system). It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage.  Take care!