Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

chronic stomach problems

I am 25 years old, female, and otherwise healthy. BUT for the last 4 years I have had a chronic stomach problems with many different symptoms. It all started one day when i sat up in bed and heard and felt a gurgle in my stomach (upper left, under the bottom rib). Later that day, I ate what would be a normal sized meal and as I walked out of the restaurant it all projected out of me. Since that day, I have had day after day of nausia, bloating, acid reflux, difficulty swallowing, hot/cold sweating, lightheadedness, going from extremely full - to starving within minutes, vomiting ..sometimes just bile, sometimes the entire contents of my stomach (less now that I try to stop the nausia as soon as it attacks), mild acute stomach pain, mild general stomach pain/discomfort. It always gets worse with stress, spicy foods, greasy foods, pretty much anything with excess oil... or during yoga! if i may end up on my belly- stuff just starts coming up, or if i am upside down for too long..

Some days are better than others. Today wasn't good. I woke up and felt fine, but then a few hours later (after taking only a multivitamin..it seems like i cant swallow big pills either) I started feeling extremely nausious and had to open the door of the car to puke.. then I kept feeling sick for a few more hours with extreme hot/cold sweating and fatigue...now its gone.......

I don't have health insurance anymore so I've kind of put this issue on the backburner, but when I did, I got a bunch of tests done: ultrasound first, then an upper GI, an upper GI series, I drank a glass full of barium for them to watch go through me, I ate eggs laced with something radioactive to do something similar.. I got passed around from doctor to doctor, with none of them really taking any interest in following through on my problems.. I was told I dont have a hiatel hernia, but that was a few years ago. I've tried antacids and proton pump inhibiters (i think thats what they were called).. Nothing helps. Also, I always have a gurgle in my stomach, and will almost always feel better if i can get excess gas out of me (either up the up way or down the down way). But its really embarrassing in public, having to push in my stomach and bend in wierd positions to make myself feel halfway decent. And if i have to sit for a prolonged period of time and i dont get a chance to get gas out, I will forsure feel sicker and sicker.

I've learned not to eat certain foods, but even when i am good (apple in the morning, brown rice and veggies for lunch, sensible dinner) I can still get just as sick as when i eat junk. And sometimes i can eat junk and be totally fine.

Oh lord please someone help me!

I can understand your frustration. Unexplained vomiting can be due to severe acidity. Refulx esophagitis too can cause similar symptoms. It could also be Crohn’s disease following an infection. Please check this: http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/crohns/

Some adults have cyclic vomiting syndrome where there are episodes of vomiting without any apparent cause. The episodes are more at night and in the mornings. They appear to be food related. You should look at this possibility too.

You could also be having Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Please check this: http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/ibs/

You can also seek the opinion of another specialist. However it is difficult to comment beyond this without examining. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted.