coughing... the only symptom?
I don't really understand why this is, but for the past two weeks I've had a problem with coughing.  I would have assumed it was a cold or something like that, but I know that those aren't common in the summer and this is my only symptom.  I'd be perfectly healthy if it weren't for the fact that I've got mucus in my throat, clearly.  I usually don't feel an urge to cough unless I've gone a while without it, but then when I do I cough up a small mouthful of anywhere from rusty yellow to greenish mucus.

I'm 19 years old and as far as I know I'm pretty healthy.  My mom thinks it might be an allergy causing post-nasal drip, but I'm not convinced since post-nasal drip starts earlier in a cold than the coughing stage by about a week.  It just doesn't feel like that, anyway, but I know I could be wrong.

Any ideas?
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.