ct scan showing scar tissue in lower abdomen
I have had a ct scan for lower abdominal pain. The doctor was looking for possible diverticulitis. It came back negative for the diverticulitis so he suggested I see my gynecologist for possible scar tissue adhesions. (I have had a laporodomy, 3 c-sections, and a hysterectomy). The last surgery was 17 years ago. I have irrital bowel syndrone so the doctor did not want to do another colonoscopy at this time. He suggested the scar tissue or a pinched nerve in the back radiating to the front, but my back troubles has been going on since I was 14, (lower back pain). I am now 50, so I really don't think it is a pinched nerve. My main question is ,,,,does scar tissue actually show up on a ct scan?  He didn't say he saw anything, only to go see the gynecologist and the back doctor for one to rule out the other.
Thanks,
I don't have an answer for you, but I do feel for you because I am close to your age and know what it means when they say, "when it rains, it pours." I hope you find the help you need.
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.