MedHelp.org will cease operations on May 31, 2024. It has been our pleasure to join you on your health journey for the past 30 years. For more info, click here.

diarrhea after meals

i am 18 years old, had my gall bladder removed about 3 months ago. i have been having problems where everytime i eat something i have to go to the bathroom right after and have diarrhea. I was wondering if it has something to do with my gall bladder?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
My sister had her gall bladder removed at 45 and she had all kinds of other problems with diarreah and acid reflux and thyroid problems.  she eventually found out that she had celiac disease which is basically that you're allergic to gluten which is found in wheat and some other grains.  I would cut out all wheat for a while and see what happens.  Good luck!
Helpful - 0
Yes it does. I haven't looked it up, but you should GOOGLE "side effects from gall bladder removal." I'm sorry you are experiencing this honey, not everyone without a gall bladder does, but the majority do. Best of luck to you and many blessings.
Helpful - 0
I'm pending for my gallbladder surgery and during the surgical consult the surgeon told me that I will likely need to keep up the same diet I currently have. -Low fat, low cholesterol: no dairy, no salmon or trout, no red meats, nothing fried, no eggs; light on the white meats, high on the steamed veggies. He said that usually up to 3-6 months afterwards people still have some problems digesting fats. So they need to be reintroduced slowly.

There are also rare occurrences where people still suffer from gallbladder like problems. If you are on a low fat diet, maybe you should make an appointment with your doctor to see if your body has a problem with excess bile.
Helpful - 0
Did they give you a non fat diet or which foods to avoid. I believe you can't eat any fat for a while or you will have problems. I would suspect it has something to do with your diet. If you don't have a special diet ask you doctor for one.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community