Aa
A
A
A
Close
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25k Members

does anybody have an answer

I have been having pain in my toes,knees, and hand.  it is the right hand ,both knees and all toes, I am a left handed person so I don't use my right one. I also have swelling in these areas as well. I can hardly walk because of my knees and toes and my hand swells so much that I can't close it. Does anyone know what this could be?
1 Responses
563773 tn?1374250139
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hello,

The main cause of pain and swelling in the fingers, toes and  hand is rheumatoid arthritis. It may cause stiffness and pain with movement. Over time, deformity of the fingers may occur.Diagnosed by ESR and Rheumatoid factor in blood and x-rays of digits.RA can begin at any age.It is not restricted to the elderly.

Second possibility is of osteoarthritis if you are elderly.It is a degenerative disease of the joints.

Other possibilities may be lupus(a long-lasting autoimmune disease in which the immune system attacks normal body tissues as though they were foreign substances. It may cause joint pain.Diagnosed by ANA titres)  ,gout and pseudogout(an inflammatory joint disease that causes acute pain and swelling.Diagnosed by uric acid levels in the blood)  ,polymyalgia rheumatica(an inflammatory disorder that causes widespread muscle aching and stiffness, primarily in your neck, shoulders, upper arms, thighs and hips.) and polyarteritis nodosa.

I feel that you should consult a rheumatologist soon and get yourself evaluated.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep us posted on how you are doing.

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1518219421
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547098925
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482853437
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.