Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

during preggnancy

Hi there
Iam 34 weeks pregnant n have got white thick discharge (non-smelling), also been suffering from sharp vaginal pains since 30 wk preg when fetus moves also the baby is small for the amount of weeks we are.

please help
3 Responses
Hi there!
A couple questions...First of all, the most common cause of the discharge is a yeast infection. Your body is going through a continuous hormonal upheaval and sometimes it alters your body chemistry with it making it more susceptible to a yeast infection. It should be checked by your OB/GYN to be sure that is all it is as things like gonorrhea can also cause discharge.
The sharp pains are often from the baby sticking a foot (or elbow...or head) in your cervix. It is beginning to get a bit cramped in there and pretty soon you should be able to identify what body part is poking your innards...(Just wait until it does a full body stretch into your spleen! -Or starts a tap dance on your bladder! What fun!) Be sure your Dr knows about this as well because he/she may want to do an ultrasound to be sure your placenta is placed correctly.
Last, are you a small person? Smaller people usually have smaller babies. Do you have a reason to worry that it is smaller than the norm? If not, and you are healthy, haven't been using drugs or drinking or smoking while you are pregnant, then the odds have it your baby is okay. Also, are you sure about the conception date? ..So many questions...Hang in there and let us know how you are doing! ~MM
hi the discharge could be thrush and also when your pregnant your body has extra hormone so it produces more ect... with my childern i experienced sharp pain but believe it or not its just wind sore i know lol!
1294282 tn?1272546188
its totally normal , my mom had the same thing happen when she was preggo with my 2month old sister .
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1590104173
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.