Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25k Members

elisa test???

Has anyone ever had a elisa test?  My friend has these small reddish rashes(they do not itch) all over his body.  Could this blood test help him.  He is 93 yrs, of age, Coolest man.  Help me help him.  Thanks!!!
Thanks for writing to the forum!
It is difficult to comment without examining. The rash that does not itch could be actually petechiae.  Petechiae are pinpoint-sized red dots under the surface of the skin.
The commonest cause of petechiae is a low platelet count (thrombocytopenia).
They can also result from autoimmune disorders, such as lupus or rheumatoid arthritis,  bone marrow disorders such as leukemia, inflammation of the veins, as a side effect of certain medications including the vaccine itself, viral infections, such as EBV and septicemia or infection in blood. A complete blood count, urine examination and a blood culture may be required to reach a diagnosis. Elisa test will not help in this case. This is conclusive only if there is some allergy.
Hope this helps. I think you should discuss these possibilities with your friend’s doctor. It is difficult to comment beyond this without examining. A comprehensive investigation is required keeping all the points in mind. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!