enlarged appendix not appendicitis
I've had this abdominal pain for going on six weeks now..So doctor did all the normal tests pregnancy and urine test..I had a pelvic ultrasound that showed just a uterine cyst that shouldn't be causing any pain..Since the pain continued I had an abdominal CT..the results showed that I have a very enlarged appendix so I was referred to a surgeon..the surgeon informed me that i show no signs of appendicitis so the surgury isnt an emergency..he said that I have a very large appendix and an enlarged right ovary as well..So basically not sure what is going on with me at all and ideas?????
That cyst could be causing the irritation of your appendix - if it's inflamed or possible oozing or ruptured.  Might want to check out that avenue.  Ovarian Cysts can cause other trouble......worth checking out.  The can change rapidly.
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.