extreme fever followed by constant headache

My boyfriend was recently diagnosed with a rare infection to some gland (sorry I cannot be more specific, becuase I am not sure of the name) behind his jaw.  When he went into the doctor he registered a temperature of 103 in one ear, and 106 in the ear on his infected side, which was lower than the few days prior to his appointment.  From the start he had a constant headache that was so severe he was barely able to cope. The doctor gave him antibiotics for his infection and told him to take tylenol to ease the pain.  His fever is down now, but his headache will still not go away.  Tylenol barely does anything and he cannot get it to go away.  He is drinking plenty of water and has tried mulitply things to ease the pain. Nothing is working.  I am worried something was damaged on account of his extreme fever.
Thanks for writing to the forum!
Sudden fever, severe headache and a stiff neck are signs of meningitis. Fever with severe headache is also seen in sinusitis.  There are several other diseases which cause fever with severe headache. Theses are listed on this link: http://symptoms.wrongdiagnosis.com/cosymptoms/severe-headache/fever-desc-all.htm
Hope this helps. I think you should discuss these possibilities with your doctor. It is difficult to comment beyond this without examining. A comprehensive investigation is required keeping all the points in mind. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!

Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.