Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25k Members

extreme nausea

for a few weeks i have been feeling like i constantly have to throw up. Its gotten so bad i have had to put my life on hold. i lost 10 lbs in 2 weeks from not eating. eating only makes me feel more sick. i have been to the doctors but its not a big help. ive taken 2 different blood tests and they all came back normal. ive also had an ultra sound but everything came back normal. the doctors have tried to give me medication for stomach acid but it didnt help. they also tried 3 different types of nausea medications but those also didnt help. i have an upper GI next week but i need some answers! please help!
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Commonest cause of chronic nausea is acidity. Take omeprazole (empty stomach in morning) and antacid gel and see if it helps. Liver and kidney dysfunction is another cause. Hence kidney and liver function tests should be done. Other causes are diabetes and hypothyroidism. Electrolyte imbalance too can cause nausea. IBS, gluten or lactose intolerance, parasites in gut too can be the cause. A stool test should be done for worms, giardiasis etc. Chronic hepatitis or chronic infection of the gall bladder are the other possibilities. Also if nothing is found then food challenge test to detect food intolerance should be done. Keep a food diary and see if there is a co-relation between what you eat and symptoms that appear.
Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral.
Take care!