Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

fibromyalgia or neurological

Dr, Pho, I have had a burning R scapula for approx two years now. I had my gallbladder removed in 07. My burning R scapula still persists. It became so bad, I went to an orthopedic who told me I had a torn labrum and I had shoulder surgery. Once inside they found no tear, and just did a acromioplasty( feb 08). Now I have a frozen shoulder and a burning R scapula. My sx seem to be progressing as I now feel R sided trunk pain and a feeling of coldness into my legs, R>L. I have developed R sided burning of the tounge, ringing in my R ear and now I am having difficulty swallowing and it feels like my throat is closing. I have had what seems the full work up. Upper/lower GI studies, MRI of abdomen and brain, all showing nothing. I officially have a dx of fibromyalgia and B 12 deficiency, but I continue to struggle with everyday life, with pain and the sx in my mouth,ear and now throat. I do not do well on Western medicine relative to the side effects. Any suggestion where to go? Could it be neurological, cranial nerve possibly or residual gallbladder sx. Your opinion is appreciated.
Welcome to the forum!
Persisting pains over the shoulder blade or scapula can be due to various causes. Pains that occur over the shoulder blade area can be due spasm of the large muscle (trapezius) and underlying smaller muscles. The spasm of the muscles can be brought on by overuse or trauma to the muscle. It can also be a part of your fibromyalgia. Though this produces aches and pains every   where, the pains can also get localized to one area more and can vary in intensity from a burning sensation to severe pain.
Pain under right shoulder blade is usually due to gall stones, duodenal ulcer and liver infection. A very small subdiaphragmatic abscess on the right side is another possibility. CT scan can detect this. Duodenal ulcers can present with a back pain or burning sensation.
A comprehensive investigation is required keeping all the points in mind.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!